Terms of Service
WizeHive may be used for internal activities such as project management or internal data management. WizeHive's customers and other users (“Organizers”) may use the Service to run contests, promotions, application processes or other data intake processes. In these cases you may be using it as an Entrant (submitting an entry or data), Voter (using our voting screen to vote on a contest) or Reviewer (using our private review screen). If you are an Entrant, Voter or Reviewer, these terms are applicable to you also.
WizeHive reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account.
BY CONTINUING TO USE WIZEHIVE, YOU ARE CONFIRMING YOUR CONSENT AND AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE:
- This service is for adults. You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide a valid email address and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person; shared use of one login is not allowed. You may create separate logins for as many people as you'd like.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. WizeHive cannot be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all activity, usage and content posted under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or falsely identify yourself to gain information contained for others within WizeHive.
- You must comply with all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws related to the posting of materials onto WizeHive.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- WizeHive may modify, suspend or discontinue service at any time in its sole discretion. WizeHive reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
- If you are using a free account you are not permitted to block ads.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Technical support is only provided via email unless otherwise indicated. Paying customers will receive priority for technical support.
- You agree not to change, modify, hack, or make derivative works from any portion of WizeHive for the purposes of licensing, sublicensing, selling, reselling, copying, duplicating, reproducing, distributing or making available to any third party or for any other commercial or competitive purpose.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email or "spam" messages.
- You must not transmit any worms, trojan horses, viruses or any code of a destructive nature to or through WizeHive.
- Your plan may include limitations on bandwidth, storage, downloads, emails or other items. We will provide a means for you to monitor this activity but should the level of activity rapidly change we reserve the right to disable your account or throttle your activity until the situation can be resolved.
- WizeHive does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- WizeHive may need to interrupt the Service for maintenance and other operational reasons, as determined in its sole discretion, and you shall not receive any compensation or refund for such interruptions. Unless it is an emergency we will attempt o provide as much notice as possible to you before the service interruption.
- You expressly understand and agree that WizeHive shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if WizeHive has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless WizeHive, its officers, directors, employees and its agents from any against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, made by any third party due to or resulting from your use of the Service or your violation of this Terms of Service.
WizeHive offers access to our Service through various subscription plans. A subscription plan may be free, supported by advertising or paid for by the user/subscriber.
From time to time a free plan for users to evaluate and test our service will be made available. The free version will be made available at no cost and may not require a credit card or other form of payment. The free plan may include advertising similar to the ad supported plan. WizeHive may restrict the length of time of the free trial, the amount of storage or bandwidth provided the number of transactions allowed and the features provided.
WizeHive may also offer one or more ad supported plans. These plans may include advertising within the web site, within emails or within other correspondence. The specific features of this plan and the level and kind of advertising will be outlined in the specific plan information.
Free or ad supported accounts without a log in or activity for 90 days are subject to being removed. If an account is removed all data, content, information, images, files and feeds will be deleted. We will attempt to notify you at least 3 times before this occurs via the email address on file.
WizeHive also offers paid plans with different levels of storage and functionality. Paid plans may be governed by separate terms and conditions agreed to by a customer at the time the Service is ordered ("Customer Agreements"). In the event of any conflict between the terms of any Customer Agreement and these Terms of Service, the Customer Agreement shall govern. The following terms apply generally to paid plans:
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts.
- You may upgrade from a free plan or ad supported plan at any time. Upgrading to a paid plan will immediately end your free plan.
- Your billing cycle will begin immediately after the upgrade.
- Your plan may be billed at inception or may be billed monthly, quarterly or annually based on the plan selected.
- Services billed at inception or in advance on a monthly basis are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
- Cancellation must be made through our account management feature. Cancellation is not valid if made by phone or email. Notices are made effective immediately upon receipt and upon cancellation you will not be charged again. Refunds and/or credits will not be issued for unused partial months or periods pre-paid in advance. Immediately after cancellation, WizeHive will destroy all content, data, information, text, files, documents, images and feeds that were created and accessed during your subscription to the Service.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. We will attempt to make clear what you may lose. WizeHive does not accept any liability for such loss.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
Wizehive reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof), in which case we will provide our users with notice so they may download and/or export their data.
Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the WizeHive Site, via email to your email address on file, or the Service itself. WizeHive shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You may be allowed to post or upload information to our site (“Content”).
By uploading Content in connection with entering a Contest using the Service, you understand that WizeHive, or anyone acting on behalf of WizeHive or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
In addition, you represent and warrant that the Content comprising your entry is your original work and does not include third party works without permission and that it will not infringe on the rights of any third party or entity. In addition, you have obtained all rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the entry and to grant the other rights outlined in the rules.
WizeHive does not screen, monitor, edit, or review Content before it appears on our site. As such we are not responsible for the truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity or usefulness of such Content. In addition, we do have the right, in our sole discretion to remove any Content at any time and without notice if we believe it violates any provisions or will otherwise improve our site.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 501 et seq., copyright owners or their authorized agents may submit a complaint of alleged copyright infringement to WizeHive if they have a good-faith belief that their protected works are being infringed. WizeHive will respond to all such notifications that are sent to:
PMB 263, 24 N Bryn Mawr Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Website;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Website provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Website provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of such notification, WizeHive shall promptly investigate the matter, and, if appropriate, remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material. After WizeHive removes or disables access to such material, if such material was posted by a user of the Service, WizeHive will notify the party that posted the material of its action. Such party may then provide WizeHive's designated agent proper "counter-notification" stating his, her or its authority to post the allegedly infringing material, which WizeHive will forward to the alleged copyright owner. WizeHive will inform the alleged copyright owner that WizeHive will repost the removed material or cease disabling access to it in ten to fourteen business days unless the alleged copyright owner sends a second notification to WizeHive 's designated agent stating that it has filed suit against the alleged infringer. An effective counter-notification must be sent to WizeHive's designated agent, whose name and address are listed above. The notice must include the following information:
- The counter-notifying party's physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location where the material was before its removal or disablement;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the party has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification; and
- The counter-notifying party's name, address, phone number, and a statement that the party consents to the jurisdiction of the federal court in its district, or if the subscriber is foreign, it consents to any jurisdiction where WizeHive is subject to jurisdiction, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided WizeHive with notification or an agent of such a person.
Organizers running a Promotion using the Service are responsible for providing its own Promotion rules, terms, and conditions, and ensuring such Promotion complies with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. A link to the rules and terms and conditions for each Promotion is provided in the Promotion entry form. You will be required to agree to these rules and terms and conditions before you can enter each Promotion. It is important that you review those rules, terms, and conditions carefully before consenting to them. You acknowledge that WizeHive shall not be responsible or liable for any Organizer's or other third party's compliance or non-compliance with such rules, terms, and conditions or with applicable laws, rules, or regulations. All such matters are solely between you and the Sponsor offering the applicable Promotion.
WizeHive and the WizeHive logo are trademarks of WizeHive, Inc. The content, look and feel of the Service is copyright © WizeHive, Inc. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements of the Service without express written permission from WizeHive.
The failure of WizeHive to enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms of Service apply to you and may not be transferred, assigned or delegated to anyone without the express written permission of WizeHive. Any attempt by you to assign, transfer or delegate these Terms of Service without the express written permission of WizeHive shall be null and void. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. Except to the extent you are bound under the terms of a Customer Agreement, these Terms of Service comprise the entire agreement between you and WizeHive with respect to the use of the Service and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein (including any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Updated: January 2014